Tuesday, November 4, 2008

F2F/Week 9/Readings

In this week's readings a part that really stuck out as important was the section detailing ways of reaching the masses, other than media outlets. At the core of public relations is the face-to-face interaction. I can understand that using media outlets for a small company would be important because they are trying to get exposure for their company, but for an established company that does not need the media attention, the old school form of face to face communication would be perfect. Massive media outlets to me feels cold and unemotional. I would like to see the CEO blog about how the company is doing instead of a campaign bragging about the company's accomplishments. Maybe I am just old school for a 21 year old, but I want to know that a company actually cares and wants me to buy their product.

No comments: