Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gotta do Research/Week 8/Reading

Each week in this class I feel like I get a little bit smarter. Not a lot, but a little. This week's reading, Chapter 10 in New Rules of Marketing and PR, really hit home to me as I go into the workforce. I learned through the reading that for an effective web PR campaign to work you have to first and foremost think of your audience. While reading this I thought about one of my all time favorite classes here at ONU, public speaking. In public speaking before you write a word of your speech you need to assess your target audience and try to figure out what would work best in that particular situation and what would not work. Same goes for PR campaigns, they need to take the time to see who they are trying to reach and evaluate what the best ways to reach those people are. After that, then they can send the message. By no means should a PR practitioner just send a message without doing research. I'm taking public relations research this quarter and one thing I have found out is that research is key to having a productive anything.

No comments: